People have been having problems posting comments. Please feel free to leave posts on my Facebook page, or send me a private message via facebook. Sorry! I am not sure what the problem is. (The link is to the right of this page - just below!)


Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Shit happens. Death sucks.


I have not been one for writing about personal life dramas on this blog -- especially those unrelated to health and fitness!! I figure nobody wants to listen to my sob stories and whinging; and quite frankly neither do I!! LOL. But you know what, it's my blog and I can do what I like. So today's post is rather unusual, and possibly may be the only of its kind. I am thinking about why bad shit happens to good people. (I don't normally swear on this blog either - another first - possibly only). My brother was an awesome person; one of those tough on the outside, marshmallow on the inside kind of blokes. ALWAYS went out of his way to help people and put others first. Was really generous with his both time and money. Seriously friendly and easy going - always happy to give new things a try. He really was an awesome person. And like ALL of us - he did some stupid things. Unfortunately his stupid thing got him killed.

So, my question is - why does shit like that happen to such kind-hearted, nice people.

The religious answer to that is something along the lines of the fact that none of us are good and we do things which go against what God wants us to do. God merely gives us over to these actions and consequently we reap the consequences of either our (or someone elses actions)... ie. we live in a sinful world so shit happens. Some might even say that God allows these things to happen because he has a bigger picture which involves some sort of good coming out of the shit.

Some might try and refer to karma. Karma is not punishment or retribution but simply a consequence of natural acts. Humans act with free will and create their own destiny. My brother sped, drove recklessly and put other in danger many times - so this was merely a consequence of his own shit actions.


Others just accept that it the way it is; shit happens - move on. I just saw some posts replying to the question "why do people have to die":

No need to look for a reason when there is none. There is no purpose to life or death except what you make of it. 
That's the goal of life, all life dies whether its your pet kitty or the flower in your garden.  Its natural. 

We die because we live.

If people didn't die, there would really be no point to live life to the fullest. since there is a limit on the amount of time we have, we do the things we want to while we still can.

Death is necessary to keep the natural balance. Just imagine if we could live forever. There would be no space for everybody

And yet many would think that it was an injustice that someone as warm hearted as him and someone who had so much to give the world died so young - before he got a chance to do any of it.

Just some thoughts.... Even though I might think I have it figured out intellectually - it is still shit. I miss my bro.

Feel free to message me your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. That's sad Kelly, and of course you miss him- 'very normal, very natural'. Doesn't make it go away, does it? It's not fair. I went to a funeral last week of a woman younger than me, and tomorrow I am going to my great uncle's funeral. One is a life well lived, one is tragically short. We are never going to know all the answers. Take care.

    ReplyDelete