People have been having problems posting comments. Please feel free to leave posts on my Facebook page, or send me a private message via facebook. Sorry! I am not sure what the problem is. (The link is to the right of this page - just below!)


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New PB with running.

I have been feeling a little discouraged lately with the exercise. Moving over to a different side of town and changing gyms... and then adding the 2.5 days of tafe and the new job at the gym really has had me struggling to get my exercise in! I have been managing it but I have been finding it hard to get into a regular routine and find classes and things that I absolutely LOVE.

So, when I went to do the Brooks Twilight River run on sat night I was debating whether to ditch the 8km run and just do the 4km one. It wasn't until I was signing the papers when we got there that I decided to bite the bullet and do the 8km one. Given that the results are put on the internet for these things - I had no desire to do a bad time PUBLICLY!! LOL

Anyways, long story short is that I ran the 8km in 45.02 and got a new PB for myself. 5 min and 37 sec per kilometre. WOO!! I tried to remember to increase my stride length as I think this really holds me back with the long distance running... I kept on forgetting so I didn't do such a good job BUT I reckon this is going to make a big difference if I can remember to do it for the whole time!! It's really hard to remember stuff like that when you are trying not to DIE.. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment